There are a handful of global app storefronts, however, the majority of mobile app developers create and publish in their native language. Irrespective of language, the burden on localization falls on the developers themselves and they need to be aware of many issues when dealing with the localization challenge.
The 5 most important questions for developers are:
- Is my app relevant in another country/market?
- How do I ensure the translations of my app are accurate?
- How do I market my app in different storefronts/regions?
- Are there special testing requirements for my app?
- Is there a way to simplify the app when changing platforms/locations?
Keeping these questions in mind will help to ensure your company’s success in the mobile app market.