It used to be that translating the printed word was the preferred way to communicate with clients and customers speaking other languages. While still popular, print is quickly being rivaled by electronic media when trying to get your multilingual message out. Due largely to the internet and the social media explosion, audio and video files are being viewed and shared around the world in staggering numbers.
Consider these facts and projections:
- Facebook is generating eight billion video views per day! The number of video posts per person has increased 75 percent globally and 94 percent in the United States. The amount of video from people and brands in News Feed has increased 3.6 times year-over-year. More than half the people who visit Facebook in the U.S. every day watch at least one video.
- Last November, Snapchat was reported to receive 6 billion daily video views, a three-fold increase from just six months earlier.
- YouTube has over a billion users who watch hundreds of millions of hours of video. The number of hours that people spend watching videos on YouTube is increasing 60 percent year-over-year
- By 2019 video is projected to account for 80 percent of global internet traffic, with nearly a million minutes of video being shared every second.
Ignoring the popularity and impact of global video marketing is a mistake you can’t afford to make. But producing a multilingual video that captures the proper tone, message and cultural perspective isn’t as easy as it sounds. There are many aspects to video translation. For example, look at the various services we provide to make sure your multilingual audio-video projects are done right:
- We translate video narrations using the proper dialects, terminology, accents and pronunciations of the target language. Our in-studio auditor ensures the accuracy and inflection in voice performances.
- We provide foreign-language voice-overs using multilingual voice talent, either in a live setting or recorded in our digital studio. You upload your video source files and we do the rest.
- We translate and proof-read all on-screen text to be grammatically and culturally correct.
- We offer transcriptions of your video content.
- We edit narrations and dialog to match pictures in video files.
- We collaborate in planning your media projects to ensure they will be well received in the target country.
- We provide voice-over recordings for diverse multimedia and digital formats. We can deliver separate audio files for each segment, enabling interactive authors to align each scene, then adjust the timing of graphics as necessary to accommodate larger word counts in most translations.
- We can dub videos into many different languages, matching the onscreen action with translated narrations and dialogs. (To avoid the appearance of a “rushed” narration or dialogue, we offer guidance on how to produce your original videos to incorporate extra padding between paragraphs or scenes. This allows for a more natural dubbing between English and other languages that typically require more words.
Whether it’s e-learning projects, interactive features on your website, or audio and video content posted on your social media channels, we can help you keep pace with the growing demand for electronic communications in other languages. Just give us a call; we are happy to assist.